FR8002 IAR-80A 1/32 nd
We will soon release a new kit in 1/32 nd scale, this is the IAR 80A. Expected release date : April 2017
You may build the IAR-80A, serie 106 à 150 and 176 à 150. Compared to the IAR-81C, this new version shows some external differences, mostly:
- Shorter wings
- Shorter fuselage (70 mm)
- Only one oil cooler at the root of right wing (on left wing, it was introduced with aircraft Nr 251)
- Armament : 6 x 7,92 mm FN machine guns, the wings panels on top and bottom of wings were modified
- No struts (introduced for the dive bomber version, the IAR-81)
- AND the camouflage schema was the old one, using british paints (brown / green on top, blue on bottom).
We will straighten some mistakes of the previous kit (the wheel covers, for example, were too small for the wells).
We will keep you updated on the project and will soon publish the boxart and the schemes we choose.
In parallel, Special Hobby will re-issue the original kit (IAR 81C) with some improvements (wheel covers) and different decals.
- Rumanian Air Force, the prime decade, 1938-1947, Denes Bernad, Squadron/Signal Publications
- IAR 80, Dan Antoniu and Georges Cicos, Editions TMA (in french), technical descriptions, history of usage on easter front, then with Allied Powers
- Rumanian Aces of World War II, Denes Bernad, Osprey Publishing
- Air Magazine n°40, Jan/ Feb. 2008, american raid over Ploiesti with Lightnings, 10/VI/1944, Dan Melinte (in french). Part of this event is captured in the original IAR-81C FRROM box-art.
- Rumanian Fighter Colours 1941 - 1945, Teodor Liviu Morosanu, Dan Alexandru Melinte, MMP books
- The I.A.R 80 & I.A.R. 81, Airframe, Systems & Equipment, Radu Brinzan, SAM Publications
- Vânâtor Romanian Hunter, The I.A.R.80 and I.A.R.81 in ultimate detail, Radu Brinzan, Stratus / MMP books (includes a lot of technical drawings, description of equipment, weaponry ... in ultimate detail)